Fun with Papers
I just wrote a paper on the prophet Amos. I address some major themes in the book, like Amos's critique of the over-institutionalization of the Israelite religion and his critique of the prophetic 'guild' that had arisen, contrasting as an institution of people claiming to speak for God, unlike those sent by God regardless of who their parents were (i.e. previous members of the prophetic guild).
Because Amos himself is not a member of the guild, he describes himself at one point by saying "I am no prophet, nor a prophet's son..." And so, accordingly, the alternate title of my paper is "[Not the] Son of a Prophet [Man]".
I also cite myself in the paper, as an unpublished manuscript. Not to bolster any claims, but I comment that an extension to an interpretation of another passage may be found in (Rubin, forthcoming).
These things really amuse me. Perhaps they amuse you! Perhaps.
Because Amos himself is not a member of the guild, he describes himself at one point by saying "I am no prophet, nor a prophet's son..." And so, accordingly, the alternate title of my paper is "[Not the] Son of a Prophet [Man]".
I also cite myself in the paper, as an unpublished manuscript. Not to bolster any claims, but I comment that an extension to an interpretation of another passage may be found in (Rubin, forthcoming).
These things really amuse me. Perhaps they amuse you! Perhaps.

4 Comments:
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
did you really just Ha that long!? Most impressive.
Can I site this forthcoming publication?
Whenever it be published.
Post a Comment
<< Home